5.11.2006

I never imagined....

...that I would see so many pregnant women in Napa Valley of all places! On Sunday morning we went to the "concierge lounge" for our free continental breakfast and it was like a pregnant ladies convention. I know I'm sensitive about the subject, but dang! I guess they were probably all going to the spa and not on a wine tour. Oh well.

The trip overall was excellent. Friday night we stayed in San Francisco by Fisherman's Wharf. Who knew that the wharf pretty much closes down as soon as it gets dark? We did manage to find an open restaurant in Ghiradelli Square. Our first day in Napa we toured the Chandon winery, and had a delicious dinner. Sunday we went on a wine tour...5 different wineries in a limo with two other couples. Monday we went to the spa, hung out by the pool and had dinner at the Culinary Institute of America. The weather was perfect...80 and sunny every day.

I was so sad to see so many of my IF friends got bad news while I was away. Sunnie and Jenny from the block, you both are in my thoughts and prayers. My heart is heavy today for all of us traveling through this wretched journey.

4 Comments:

Blogger Family Ties said...

Lisa!

You got to drink wine? :) hehhehehe GOOD!

Those pregnant hoochies! hehehehehe

xoxoxo glad you made it back safely!

2:05 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

sounds like a nice trip. :) you deserved it! hugs

4:13 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

That sounds like a wonderful trip!!

Take care

8:15 AM  
Blogger x said...

Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers. You know to well how painful this journey is. I am sorry there were soo many pregnant women - you would think that wine country would be safe?

11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women