4.11.2006

My eyes are burning!

More health woes...a few months ago I had some problems with my eyes...specifically, I could not see, not with my glases or my contacts. My eyes were red and they ached. So I went to the eye doc and she diagnosed me with keratitis. She was a little baffled at how I would get this...it's a fungus that can scratch your cornea and make you go blind if left untreated. But whatever, she prescribed an antibiotic and I was all good. Then last week my eyes started bothering me again. Red, irritated, achey. I ordered some new contacts and made an appointment with the eye doc. Fast forward to today. A friend called me this morning to tell me about this. Good grief.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, man. Well, that's not good at all! Is that the kind of contact solution you use?

Maybe you can join a class action law suit so you can reimburse yourself for all of your fertility treatments. ;)

12:47 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

songbird! listen, i just read this article today:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060411/hl_nm/bauschandlomb_dc_4

read it carefully - do you use any solutions by Bausch & Lomb? - and maybe you should report this to your opthamologist. what Erin says above is really not a joke - there very well COULD be a class action lawsuit!

1:44 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

p.s.
duh, i see you already read the article... go to your doc an get a diagnosis on record for sure -

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh no - I've been using that ReNu stuff. Now I am paranoid and keep looking at my eyes in the mirror. I think that I'll switch to Opti-free or one of those other ones just to be safe.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

I just threw away a bunch of the Renu stuff because of the fungal bacteria reports.

Be careful....I hope all is well.

If it aint one thang it's another in the news....Lord!

3:11 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

hi again. here's the FDA report

http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/safety/041006-keratitis.html

The fungus is called Fusarium Keratitis.

now i am worried because my eyes have been quite irritated in the past week and i just started using a generic multi-purpose solution - i wonder if it's manufactured by Bausch & Lomb! anyway, thanks for posting about this because i dont think i would have paid attention if it wasn't for you. THANK YOU!

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women