4.18.2006

Hopeful or maybe just delusional

WARNING: TMI ALERT!
In theory, there is no reason that we know of why I should not be able to get pregnant naturally. I have one tube that functions. My uterus has not been compromised by the fibroids. I ovulate regularly. My eggs are fine. My hubby's soldiers are fine. Since our recent miscarriage, I have not really been tracking my cycle--no temperatures, no checking the cervical mucus, no opk's. I've just been waiting for Flo to that we can plan our next round of IVF. But for some reason, yesterday I noticed that I had quite a bit of discharge when I went to the bathroom. So I stuck my finger down there, and to my surprise and delight, egg white quality cm! I was glad to see it, but I really didn't think much about it for the rest of the day.

I went home last night, went for a run, cooked dinner and watched some tv. I dozed off in front of the tv until about 11pm. I went upstairs to go to bed and I remembered the cm, so I decided to do an opk, you know, just for kicks. I mean Lord knows I did not feel like fooling around and in my head, I really did not think the test would show an lh surge. I just wanted to go to sleep. But I'll be doggone...the test showed that last night was the night.

So I went downstairs to ask my hubby if he was up for a trip to the love shack. And he was (no surprise there). Do I even dare hope for a miracle this month? Nothing to do now but wait and see.

10 Comments:

Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

hah! i'm in the same boat as you. no reason why it shouldn't work - it just never has. we've done the same thing this month. who knows. ;)

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate that I haven't kept up with your blog. You're going through and incredible chapter of your life. I admire you for being so strong and forward-focused.

Of course, I hope the impromptu nookie works. :) If not, there are other opportunities.

Now I have to look up all these acronyms you are using. :)

1:48 PM  
Blogger songbird36 said...

Ha! Sorry Shasta--Sometimes I forget that most of the world is not familiar with all the fertility acronyms--I REALLY hope that you never have to become familiar with this stuff first hand. So here are a few...
okp-Ovulation predictor kit
cm-cervical mucus
ivf-in vitro fertilization
LH-lutenizing hormone

Thanks for stopping by. :-)

9:05 PM  
Blogger x said...

We all deserve to ask for a miracle. Why shouldn't you keep trying? I told my hubbie that if we have to wait 3 months for another IVF cycle, that we are trying in between. Why not? Nothing like some baby making sex!

12:06 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

OOOOOH weee!

Girl that sounded so promising!

Wouldn't that be something?

*waiting and hoping right along with you*

:)

3:33 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

Just dropping in. I am in your 'boat' too.. no reason why not? So I wish you luck and hope that you have success!!!!!

Good luck

9:03 AM  
Blogger Thalia said...

Let's hope you're one of those urban legends we all hate.

3:21 AM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

You've been tagged! Come to my blog to see what it's all about!

5:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I hope you get your miracle!

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see I've been beat to tagging you... well consider yourself DOUBLE tagged. ;) whatever that means...

5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women