5.17.2005

A Real Man

This morning am1390 (the local Christian radio station) gave me a really good giggle. The show is hosted by Angela Martin and Pastor John Hannah. Pastor Hannah is crazy. Period. For the past few days he has been offering commentary on metrosexuals (men who are a little too much into their appearance). His take is that these so-called metrosexual men are not real men. Today he gave his list of attributes for a real man. Here are the top three:

1. A real man leaves stuff on the floor—clothing, socks and especially underwear. My hubby likes for his entire shoe collection (including socks) to live by the back door. And this is progress, as his shoes used to live all over the house.

2. A real man will leave the occasional toenail in the bed or on the floor. Okay--my hubby has feet like a hobbit. As my brother so eloquently put it, "Your feet look dead!!" His toenails could be classified as dangerous weapons. Yes, he has the feet of a real man, Pastor Hannah.

3. A real man leaves a trail of crumbs wherever he goes. To his credit, he makes enough money for us to have a cleaning service because I cannot always be on crumb patrol.

Somehow Pastor Hannah has been inside my house, and he has observed my husband. Despite my BB's metrosexual tendencies (he LOVES shoes, and he does own a pink shirt), I’m glad to know he is a real man. Thanks Pastor Hannah, for that blessed assurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women