4.13.2005

Bitter

Today I returned to work after being out pretty much since my surgery. Three people in my group actually made a point to stop by and say welcome back. The rest of those jive turkeys said nothing. But the worst…I sent a note to Oz (my boss) to let him know what was going on with me. I didn’t give him too much detail…just that I had a miscarriage and surgery and I got sick from the surgery. I didn’t want him to think I was just MIA. You think he responded? Not a word. No get well soon or take it easy. Nada. This was especially disappointing because he and his wife went through some of the same troubles. (They now have twins as a result.) I wasn’t expecting him to commiserate with me. But he could have at least responded, if only to say I’m sorry for you loss. One day I will learn to stop looking for anything from this place except a paycheck.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chocolatelocs said...

Hi. Visiting for the first time. I am sorry to hear about your loss. Your boss was very insensitive also not to atleast say *something* to you.

Is corporate america that cold? Damn.

1:30 PM  
Blogger songbird36 said...

Thanks for stopping by!

Yes, Corporate America can be quite chilly. Unfortunatelly, one bad apple in a high position can ruin it for everyone. Luckily, Oz is in another city, so most days he has no impact on my life. :-)

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women