5.03.2005

Feeling like myself again

This weekend I actually felt like myself again for the first time in months. I didn’t feel the urge to stay in bed all day on Saturday. I was actually somewhat productive around the house. I cooked on Saturday and Sunday. (BB was so very happy!) Sunday we went to church. Afterwards, I cooked and then I went to help my brother’s fiancée stuff envelopes for their wedding.

If my burst of energy continues, I will go for a run after work today. This will be my first outdoor run of the season. I’ve been putting it off because the weather has been quite chilly…ideal running weather, right? Well, I hate being cold. Even though I know that I will warm up after about five minutes, the prospect even that short amount of cold has kept me indoors. But I have to start sucking it up if I am going to run in the Ridge Run at the end of the month.

Worried: The woman who sits outside of my office was out Friday and today. I hope everything is okay with her and the baby.

In the news…
So what is up with the runaway bride? On one hand, I can understand getting cold feet. I can even understand calling it off at the last minute. But why lie about being abducted? And of course one of the abductors is a minority. Wtf? Why???
[edit] Believe it or not, this cat still wants to marry the runaway bride...go figure!

Inappropriate Office Behavior: Our office manager (we’ll call him the Mayor)is a really nice guy but a bit of a space cadet. Today we had a senior manager meeting. The woman who manages all the admins and the reception area was talking about how the person who usually covers the early morning shift would not be able to do it for a while. She wanted to commend the admins who volunteered to cover this shift until the regular person is able to resume her duties. So someone asked when that would be. Then the Mayor decides to give us the details of why she can’t cover the desk…a bunch of personal stuff that was really none of our business. (It was nothing really bad, just personal.) I guess part way through the explanation he realized that he was saying too much. He had this crazy look on his face. I think it was really wrong for him to put this employee’s business out there in a meeting like that. Geez, what a blabber mouth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women