3.14.2006

My Love Affair with TV, Part II

Here are my random thoughts about all the tv I've watched these past few days....

The Sopranos put it down hard in the very first episode. I mean, I think we all know that Tony has to get whacked at some point before the series ends, right? But I don't want him to die right now!! I think they just wanted to create some drama to suck us in, since they've been gone for so long.
****
Big Love looks like it will be interesting. I cannot imagine sharing my husband with another woman, much less two other women! Bill's mother poisoning his dad does not surprise me...I think one day she woke up and realized, "This is some bull-isht!!" Ha! And what's up with the creepy (pedophile) prophet? And his 14-year-old wife? Ick!
*****
I LOVE Grey's Anatomy. And so does my hubby, but he can't figure out why it appeals to him. (hehehe)I am so proud of Shonda Rhimes (Chi-town in the house)!
*****
24 is the most gripping hour of tv. I love this show because they bring it every single week. They don't take these ridiculous breaks like other shows (ahem, Lost). And Jack Bauer knows all the right moves. He's my hero.
*****
ANTM: Some of those girls are just not cute. I'm glad the racist republican girl was sent packing. I mean, didn't she realize that Tyra is black and that Mr. & Miss Jay are gay??? The evil part of me wishes that she stayed just to see her get read by Miss Jay and to see the black girls gang up on her. I am rooting for Nnenna. She looks so regal and she seems to have a lot of class. On a catty note, is it me, or has Tyra porked up a little lately?
*****
New shows on the radar
The New Adventures of Old Christine: Stars Julia Louis-Dreyfuss (Elaine from Seinfeld). She cracks me up...I hope this show makes it.

Sons & Daughters: Hee-larious.

I am hoping for new episodes of Everybody Hates Chris and My Name is Earl soon.
*****
Isaac Hayes has quit the show South Park. Why? Because they made fun of Scientology. See, he's okay with singing about salty balls, making fun of Christians, Jews, any minorities, white people, etc... But don't make fun of L. Ron Hubbard and his main prophet Tom Cruise. The buck stops there.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/sns-celebrity-0314hayes,1,1081114.story?coll=chi-entertainmentfront-hed
*****

So I realize this is a whole lot of tv fluff for one sitting. But it's so good when it hits your lips. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Family Ties said...

I agree with you WHOLEHEARTEDLY about LOST! I hate the show! lol

24...can you BELIEVE Tony AND Edgar are dead? OMG!


I gotta read that article about Southpark!

Tyra porking up a LITTLE? She is at least an 8 by now...She is not fat by any means, but she way up from the 0-2 she was.

You like that sons and daughters huh? I couldn't get into the advertisements or My Name is Earl either.

10:59 AM  
Blogger songbird36 said...

The first two episodes of Sons & Daughters were very funny...we'll see if they can keep it up. I think a lot of the show is improvised.

People are sleep on My Name is Earl. Okay, I admit that I am easily amused. But it is a funny show.

24--I know, right? They even killed off the Hobbit (McGill)!! No one is safe.

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women