4.10.2005

Woe is me

I will try to keep this post from becoming a pity party. However, I have not been able to post in a while because I have been sick. Long story short: I got pregnant thru IVF, but I had a misscarriage. The misscarriage didn't completely resolve on its own and I had to have a d&c. Then, I got an infection from the surgery. (***screams in frustration***) I'm still in quite a bit of pain but I think I am about to turn the corner in this healing process.

Suffice it to say, I don't have many work observations since I have been out for a good part of the past month. This experience does make you wonder why companies don't offer some sort of leave of absence for women who have a misscarriage. When I first got the news I was at work. I left early that day. Luckily it was a Friday. But when I went back on Monday, I was still feeling devastated, and I stayed in my office with the door closed for most of the day. Eventually, I talked to the HR person and she asked me if I had any days left (vacation, sick, etc...). I did. But what if I didn't? I think they should give you at least the amount of time you'd get if your child or spouse died. (One week for my company...still not really enough time.) Anyhow, I hope to be back in the office on Tuesday or Wednesday.

A friend of mine accused me of not really hating my job. While I really don't like many aspects of my job, it beats laying in the bed sick with only Oprah, Ellen and the View to keep you company.

1 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

Hi, I am so sorry for your loss. I know that it must be emotionally draining for you. I hope that you don't give up the fight for a baby. For now, take care of yourself. Good luck with going back to work . . . I can't imagine them not giving you leave! Ugggh.

Take care,
Zoe
PS Thanks for visiting me!

9:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women