3.08.2005

An Open Letter to Oprah

Dear Oprah,
First let me say that I am a huge fan. I love your show and I’m so proud of the advancements you have made in television and the media. In so many ways, your contributions make the world a better place.

However, I really wish that you would think about putting someone else on the cover of your magazine. Don’t get me wrong, you look incredible. Your creative genius is obvious. Use some of those creative juices to come up with some new covers. Give us some regular people who have done extraordinary things. Give us pictures of the beautiful African children you have helped over the years.

I don’t think this would hurt your ability to promote your brand or the things you love. Now that your magazine is established, your picture on every single cover is VAIN.

3 Comments:

Blogger Zoe said...

Hi, I love your blog. I am a huge Oprah fan but I totally agree with your letter. She needs to get over being on the cover. I also wanted to mention that I feel for you in your quest to conceive. It took Clomed for us one time but I have a friend who tried for years. She just gave birth to her little boy. IVF is what finally did it for her! Good Luck, Zoe

12:00 AM  
Blogger songbird36 said...

Thanks! And thanks for the encouraging note. It has been a bumpy ride on the baby train, but I still have faith that we will conceive when the time is right.

9:00 PM  
Blogger Chocolatelocs said...

Amen! I thought I was the only one who felt this way. Everytimg I see that magazine in the store I wonder "who wants a picture of Oprah ever single month?"

1:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women