8.31.2006

Just for Kicks While I'm Waiting

Yesterday, my administrative assistant got sick in the middle of the day. She said she was nauseous and kind of light headed, so I told her to just go home. Before she left, I teasingly asked her if she was pregnant. She said noooo. She has had problems with low blood pressure in the past, so she was just going to have her husband take her to the hospital. So she left, and I pondered if it was illegal or simply inappropriate for me to tease her about being pregnant. You probably already know what happened this morning.

She came in my office to tell me that she is five weeks pregnant. Now of course I am happy for her. She is a very good employee and I genuinely like her as a person. She and her husband are the cutest couple and I'm sure their baby will be beautiful. But I am really nervous for her, as she is surrounded by infertiles.

The admin that she sits next to (they both sit right outside my office) has really bad endometriosis. She got pregnant last year after trying for seven years. Her baby was delivered at six months and died less than two weeks after he was born. The other manager who my admin works with has struggled with IF for years...her story has a happy ending. She has a little girl and another baby on the way. Another woman in that department had four miscarriages before she had her baby last year. And finally, there is another admin who sits around the corner who miscarried twins last year. Not to mention my two miscarriages. I am hoping, praying, begging that we as an office can turn the corner here.

It would be so nice if I could get some good news tomorrow and we could be pregnancy buddies. Any other possible scenario is just too hard to even think about.

Anyhoo, in other news, I feel pretty good today. I've had a few symptoms this week, but I that could just be the progesterone doing its thing. More tomorrow....

3 Comments:

Blogger Smarshy said...

Hi - just found your blog somehow. I guess I'm the first one to wish you good luck tomorrow. Those are some good lookin' eggs.

2:30 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

Lisa, I will stalk your blog until you tell me what's up tmrw. I'll give you a call if you want me to :)


I hope you can join your coworker ASAP, and of course, me right after you :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

I really hope things are about to turn around in your office, so many dealing with IF it's just to sad.

Take care and good luck!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women