7.10.2006

A Glimmer of Hope

This past weekend I went to my husband's family reunion in Little Rock, Ark. They have a reunion every three years and it is always a good time...lots of food and fellowship. One of Bernie's cousins went through IVF and she now has a beautiful two year old daughter. And as fate would have it, having one baby must have triggered something for her, because she got pregnant naturally (and very unexpectedly) shortly after having her first baby. So she also has a darling eight-month-old baby girl. I had a lot of fun playing with the girls. Somehow, I think seeing and playing with an actual child conceived via IVF within my own family, knowing that her parents went through a situation similar to mine, and seeing first hand that there are happy endings out there, made me feel more hopeful than I have in a very long time.

Last Thursday we went to sign all the consent forms and whatnot for our next round of IVF. I expect to get my plan in the next few days. The new clinic is extremely organized. They have already given me dates for when I start my stims and when I go in for my first IVIG treatment. We are shooting for a retrieval/transfer around the week of August 21. So far, so good.

Well, I gotta boogie for now. :-)

4 Comments:

Blogger Family Ties said...

Boogie on reggae woman :)

That sounds very hopeful. I hear little rock is pretty :)

6:46 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

I am wishing you the very best and a little luck too.

Take care and good luck

6:34 AM  
Blogger x said...

I love meeting IVF babies too, it makes the possibility feel more real.

I am glad to hear you are happy with your new clinic - all the best!

8:27 AM  
Blogger ak1908 said...

Hi,
I just came across your blog through another IFer's blog and thought I'd drop in to say hello. I too, am a black woman living in the Chi area (south burbs). I work in the city. I am going to keep popping in to see how things are going for you. DH and I currently go to the U of C Fertility Clinic, but are thinking of changing if they don't change our protocol with the next cycle. We've done 4 IUI's (one pg that ended in m/c last June) and will be heading for #5 (hopefully with a different protocol) in the early Fall. I'm an educator and it is too difficult to cycle right now because I'm opening a new school (and I need a break). Anyway, feel free to stop by my blog at http://lifeisbutful.blogspot.com I hope all turns out well with your new doc and the high stress job!

10:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women