1.16.2007

Stimulation

I started my stims yesterday, and I swear, my ovaries are already pushing up against my bladder. Gah! I feel rather blah about this cycle. I really don’t want to get all worked up for the fifth time. So for now, I am trying to act like everything is normal. I’m not talking it up with everyone around me and really, I’m trying not to think about it too much. Tomorrow afternoon I go for my first IvIg treatment for this cycle. After that, most likely I’ll go in for retrieval next Wednesday or Thursday. If all goes well, I’ll go for transfer Saturday or Sunday.

So here’s an interesting possibility. My husband is a Bears fan. And by fan, I mean fanatic. For those of you who don’t follow football, the Bears are one game away from going to the Superbowl, which is being played in Miami this year. Of course if the Bears go to Miami, so is my husband. And so am I. However, if all goes as planned with this cycle, we will be in the midst of our two week wait. I don’t want to risk flying during this time, so we plan to make it a road trip. All. The. Way. To. Florida. Wish us luck.

On the tv/entertainment front…I am so proud of Jennifer Hudson. She looked pretty and was so gracious when she accepted her award. She did Chi-town proud. Also, congrats to Eddie Murphy, Forest Whitaker, Shonda Rhimes and America Ferrera on their Golden Globes.

Did you all watch 24 this weekend??? Oh. My. GOD! This show continues to raise the bar each season and last weekend’s four-hour event was no exception. My favorite highlights:

  • Jack went all Hannibal Lechter on us to escape from the terrorists.
  • “You aren’t my friend! You can’t even pronounce my name correctly!”
  • Jack shoots Curtis in the neck! (Oh my God! You killed Curtis!!!)
  • And the coup de gras (sp??) was the actual detonation of a nuclear bomb in Los Angeles. Wow wee!

What the heck was the crying episode about? Suck it up Jack! There’s no crying in baseball! Or national security! Ahh, I love his show.

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn’t mention how pleased I am that Barack Obama is taking the next step toward making a run for the presidency. This country is ready for a change. I just pray for his safety and the safety of his family.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Congrats on starting stims! (I'm on day 5 myself. Also aiming for retrieval next Wed.)

I don't watch 24 but have heard lots of good things about it!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Stilla Momma said...

LOL! ILOVEJACKBAUER.COM!

When the bomb detonated I almost died! I thought...100K plus and Jack is in the nuclear fallout range.....can you say radiation? But he KILLED Curtis! Are you SURE he's dead :(

I will be thinking of you as you go through this round honey.



A

4:40 PM  
Blogger soralis said...

I am wishing you all the best with your cycle.

Oh my I am addicted to 24. I think I have only ever missed one epsiode! :) I am amazed at the writing in this show, who comes up with all that 'stuff'.

Take care

8:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women