9.11.2006

Let the Worrying Begin!

As you might already know, I have been down this road before. Twice, to be exact. So while I am very happy that we have crossed a major hurdle, I am still terrified. My old clinic was big on the constant monitoring. I would go 2-3 times a week for blood and ultrasound. Even though it was a little stressful waiting for that phone call at 2pm every other day, at least I knew where things stood. Our current clinic only does once a week monitoring. ONCE A WEEK! That gives me 7 whole days between appointments to wonder what's going on in there. Seven days to worry about every little twinge, cramp and pain. Seven days of examining my discharge 75 times a day (I know, tmi) and wondering is it supposed to be this color? (Any expert crinone users out there?)Honestly, I don't know how I will stay sane.

Anyhoo, I went for an ultrasound, bloodwork and another dose of IvIg on Thursday. One thing I really like about this clinic is that my doctor does her own ultrasound scans. No stupid technician who can't find my uterus. Also, they have a really cool high tech 3D ultrasound machine. From the ultrasound, it looks like at least two of the embryos implanted. One of the doctors seemed to think there might be three, but it was too early to tell. Three! Weeee!

I go back for another ultrasound on Wednesday. Pray that I don't lose my mind before then.

3 Comments:

Blogger Family Ties said...

I have tears in my eyes...full of possibility and hope for you, Lisa.

"He will keep your mind in perfect peace if you keep your mind stayed on Him."

I find that I am anxiety-ridden when my focus is off the Lord.

3 would be...just wow :)

10:00 AM  
Blogger soralis said...

I am just catching up! WOW... I was 480 at 14dpt3dt. That's a big number.

Take care and wishing you the very very best.

8:19 PM  
Blogger The Maven said...

WOW! Two... possibly THREE!? Wonderful :)

(I'm an occasional lurker, but have been down the infertility road before. Sending you lots of sticky baby thoughts!)

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women