10.03.2006

Scary Times

Oh, the bloody gore of the past few days! No, this post is not about halloween. It's not about the slew of scary movies coming out in the next few weeks. This is about the bleeding incident I had last week. Aaaaaaahhhhhh!

As you all know, the very last thing you want to see when you are pregnant is blood. I know this is going to be TMI, but hey you all should be used to this by now. :-) Thursday night I was standing in my kitchen when I felt this warm sensation down there. Now things are already kind of juicy down there, thanks to the cri.none. But this sensation felt strangely familiar, warm like my PERIOD. I flew to the bathroom and sure enough, blood. All I could think was no, no, no, no, NOOOOooooooo! I called the doctor and she was waaaay too calm. She said to see if the bleeding continued through the night and if so, call her in the morning. Of course the bleeding continued...enough to fill up a pad. And I passed a huge clot in the middle of the night. Oh, the horror! I did not sleep at all that night. I was terrified that I had flushed my baby down the toilet.

So when I call ed the doctor in the morning, she told me to go on bed rest until the bleeding stopped. I thought for certain she would want me to come in or meet her at the hospital or something. Plus, how could I make it all weekend without knowing whether or not I was still pregnant? Pure torture. I stayed in bed all weekend and the bleeding stopped. Then I went on Monday for an ultrasound. Everything is fine. Tears of relief. It's going to be a looooong seven months.

The doctor's explanation was that I developed a blood clot in my uterus due to my elevated NK (natural killer) cells. Since I just did an IvIg last week, all we can do now is wait to let the medicine do its thing. I go back for more bloodwork and U/S on Thursday. It's going to be a long seven months.

4 Comments:

Blogger Family Ties said...

Oh baby :( All puns intended. I will be praying. That had to be flashback and frightening. :(

xoxoxo

10:21 AM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Oh, that must have been so scary. I hope you have an uneventful next few months, you have enough worrying you that you should be allowed to enjoy this pregnancy.

10:51 AM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

whooooo. you must have been so scared. glad that event has passed and i hope that's the last blood you see until delivery. warm hugs.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Seri said...

How are you doing hon? I hope everything is still going smoothly for you! You're on my prayer list.

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women