9.20.2006

Heartbeat

Everything went fine at today's appointment. The baby-blob is growing at a normal rate and I could see the heartbeat. I may have to start heparin soon, but so far, so good. My hubby was so sweet last night. I am such a nervous wreck, I really wanted him to go to my appointment with me today. He really wanted to come to the ultrasound, but he had to be in court this morning. So he gave me his wedding band so that I would have a part of him with me today. I love this man.

My brother's wife called me last night to express her sheer joy about our news. She is such a sweetheart. She was unsure about whether or not to call me yet, but in the end, she decided to call. She asked me if she could throw my baby shower, which made me want to cry. I am so touched to know that she thinks of me as a sister.

It's really odd to see how happy people are for us. I am really not at that joyful stage yet, and I don't know if I will get there any time soon. Don't get me wrong, I am grateful beyond words. But it is really hard for me to think too far ahead right now. I need to start doing some yoga or something to calm my nerves.

Things that made me want to vomit so far today:
1. The smell of the chicken noodle soup I got for lunch today. I had to throw it away.
2. The homeless man sitting outside my building picking at a sore on his leg.
3. The smell of 40 different perfumes in the lobby. (Our building is hosting a discount perfume sale today and tomorow. gag!)
4. The Woodstock Choco Cranberry Crunch trail mix sitting on my desk. I usually love this stuff but not today.
5. On the package it says that Woodstock Farms provides a habitat beneficials (bugs that feed on pests). Just thinking about all the bugs. G.A.G.

Thankfully, somehow I have managed to keep my food in my belly. Barely.

Edit: I was horrified to see how crazy this post looked. Blogger was doing some crazy stuff yesterday...that's it..it was blogger's fault!

6 Comments:

Blogger Smarshy said...

How did I miss this? I didn't even know you were pregnant! Congratulations, I'm so happy for you. And your mom is right - hopefully you'll be barfing soon!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Hopeful Mother said...

Just returned from vacation to read your news - CONGRATULATIONS!

11:55 AM  
Blogger songbird36 said...

Thanks, guys! Except for the fact that I'm sitting here at work with my pants unbuttoned, it still seems a little surreal.

12:08 PM  
Blogger Family Ties said...

:) WOW! Congrats! I am so Happy for you!

xoxoxo

5:08 PM  
Blogger YouGuysKnow said...

amazing news! :) that's so touching about your hubby and his wedding ring. just gorgeous. keep up with the updates - love it. hugs

7:22 AM  
Blogger soralis said...

Glad to hear that everything is going well. Take care

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women