5.26.2006

Work H-E-L-L!

I have been so busy at work this week. I don't mind being busy, but I have no tolerance for ridiculous requests.

Yesterday, one of our analysts called to fill me in on a project that he has been working on for the past 18 months. He told me that the company has invested millions of dollars on this project, it is very high profile and will probably get some media attention. He was on the phone with our CEO and they are really excited about the launch of this project. As part of this project, they want my group to produce a 500-page technical document. So far so good....I don't mind a big project. Then we get to the timing of said document. One week. Ridiculous. I need to find a new job before I hurt someone up in here.

I mean, in the entire 18 months that this man was writing this report, I can't understand why it never dawned on him to talk to the head of publishing (me). What a jerk. *hmph*

2 Comments:

Blogger soralis said...

What a way to start your weekend!

Take care and hope your deadline gets extended!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't stand when stuff like that happens to me - so I feel your pain. I hope you are still able to enjoy the holiday weekend!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women