12.12.2005

Cracked

Today I was scheduled to have an embryo transfer. Unfortunately, my doctor called yesterday to cancel because the embryos cracked during the thawing out process. I am sad beyond words today. I decided to come to work because I figured it would probably be really unhealthy to stay in the bed feeling pathetic and pitiful all day. I want to just be able to pull myself together and move on to the next step. But the truth is I just want to curl up in a little ball under my desk. I feel so defective.

It is becoming more and more difficult to watch everyone around my as they start their families. We found out recently that my husband's brother and his wife are pregnant, completely accidental since she was on the pill. Logically, I know that this has nothing to do with me. I just can't believe this is my life...every month new hope and then a big disappointment. I manage to stay upbeat, positive and hopeful most of the time. But today I just feel sad.

5 Comments:

Blogger ms. purity said...

such a sad story. Don't worry hon. I will send you & the hubby some positive energy. Keep your head up!!

10:33 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Keep your faith. God has a plan and he is slowly going to work things out for you.

8:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog even to encourage me...when you are going through the same thing. I am sad that we are in the same club that we don't even want to be members of. This is an increasing trend....beautiful black women who want to be mommas and can't. I hope right along with you, sister.

God bless and I pray that you have peace with whatever comes of your fertlity treatments...I am here to chat, vent, whatever. I had many of these days, so I understand.

12:42 PM  
Blogger songbird36 said...

Thanks to all of you for your supportive words....it means more to me than you know. :-)

6:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there, I'm so sorry that you are going through this. :( I sincerely hope that everything works out for your and your husband, whatever the outcome.

Sending warm, positive energy your way,

SM

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women