9.26.2005

Office Etiquette

A co-worker of mine has a problem with flatulence. She has dropped bombs in my office on more than one occasion. Back when she was pregnant, I didn’t have the heart to say anything. I really regret not nipping this behavior in the bud, because it continued well after she returned from maternity leave. She farts in a room full of people, in the hall, in the elevator, walking down the street, pretty much whenever the urge hits her. I recognize that gas is a natural bodily function, and I even understand the occasional fart in your own office. And hey, if you are in a room full of strangers, chances are, no one will be able to point out the phantom farter. But it completely OFFENDS me that she would come into my office, funk it up to high heaven, and sit there like nothing has happened. About a month ago, she was standing in my doorway, talking about nothing in particular, and BOOM! She dropped a particularly odiferous bomb. In that moment I decided enough is enough. I looked her in the eye and said, “You FARTED!” She burst into a fit of giggles as she tried to explain that she didn’t think I would smell it, she tried to step back a little, hoping it would not waft into my office. (What about the poor admin who sits outside my office, I guess she didn’t mind letting her suffer.) I proceeded to tell her that when she was knocked up, I let her slide, but NO MORE!

So now she farts in her own office. Today I walked into her office and it smelled like ass. Ugh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women