9.07.2005

Random Happenings...

Last night my friend D called me to tell me about a chance encounter she had with someone I dated before I met my hubby.

E was never my boyfriend, per se. For the first year after we met, we were friends. We hung out occasionally. Sometimes we didn't see each other for a long time. It was all good. Then one day, out of the blue, he kissed me. It was very unexpected. Afterwards, I was completely smitten with him. And then I didn't see or hear from him for five months.

Our relationship was more of a fling. We only actually went out a few times. We would hook up after the clubs on a semi-regular basis. For a while he lived on the West side (about 10 minutes from my folks) and he would invite me over under the pretense of watching a movie. We'd always end up making out. We never really defined our relationship, I'm sure he had other women. He seemed just a little out of my reach. I was never quite myself around him. He was bogus at the end of our fling. Things ended soon after I asked him where things were going (if anywhere) with us. He told me that he wanted to work towards us moving to another level. He said he wanted to be with me. The day after this conversation he sent me an email to say that he was wrong and that he wasn't ready. But that he hoped we could still be friends. Unfortunately, I have a strict policy against trying to be friends with any ex. So that was the end of our relationship.

Anyhoo, D was out at a club on Sunday night and she saw E. He immediately asked her who she was with. When he saw that I was not there, she said he looked pretty disappointed. Then he asked her about my whereabouts. That is crazy to me. It has been more than 5 years since we were together. On one hand, it is a nice ego stroke to know that he knows on some level that he let go of a good thing. But it is very sad to know that he is still out there in the clubs doing the same things and looking for different results.

******************************************************

Some random things I saw today.....
* A woman was attempting to cover her little boy as he relieved himself in front of Sears on State Street. In broad daylight. During lunch hour. Sheesh, there's a public bathroom inside.

* An elderly woman was wearing a plastic Wendy's bag (the one they use for salads) as a hat. I would have given her a waiver if it had been raining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women