8.23.2005

I have been making a conscious effort not to post about a close member of the family and his pending nuptials. But I can no longer hold my tongue. The future spouse of said family member has complained that she does not feel welcome in the family. This, coming from a person who can never seem to find the time to attend a single holiday dinner at our house (at least not in the past 3 years since I married into the family). I won't get into all the details, but suffice it to say I have reached out to her on several occasions and it has not been reciprocated. So I refuse to feel bad.

Anyhoo, yesterday they called me to ask if I would do a scripture reading for the wedding. Did I mention that the wedding is next weekend? I already bought my dress (it is very cute and a little sexy...but not too sexy for church). I was looking forward to relaxing in the audience. But a reading should be easy. No biggie, right? WRONG! They want me to wear the colors of the wedding. Which means I have to get a new dress. UGH!

Normally, I would not mind having a ready-made excuse to go shopping. But I feel like I was an afterthought in the whole process. I mean the bride to be does not work. She had ample time to figure out who she wanted in the program. I really hope they don't think they are doing me a favor by "including" me all of a sudden. I don't mind helping out in a pinch, but I am annoyed that even when I told the wedding coordinator that I already bought a dress, she really was not trying to hear it. Her suggestion was that I change clothes after the ceremony if I really wanted to wear my new dress. Well, I don't wanna!

Long story short, now I have just a few days to find another dress. I tried on about 22 dresses at lunch today. They were all either too sexy, too frumpy, too sparkly etc...so the quest continues.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women