8.25.2005

I've been thinking a lot about what will happen with my job once I have a baby. I like the idea of being a stay-at-home mom in some ways...no worries about sub par daycare. The cost of daycare alone is enough to make me want to stay home. I am always telling my stay-at-home friends that I would love to switch places with them...spend my days going to the park, the pool, the mall etc...

But there is a part of me that wonders what life would be like if I stopped working. I have had a job since I was 16 years old. Will I miss the adult interaction? Will I become one of those women who only talks about her children? Is my identity really tied up in this job? Working gives me a sense of independence. I don't want to have less say so in our financial matters just because I am not working. Oh well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

*****

FYI, I found a dress. It's cute. But not as cute as my other dress. (hmph)

*****

On the kind of creepy, extremely weird and totally unrelated tip...
http://www.thedogisland.com/index.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women