2.08.2005

A New Day

I am going to try and move on from the events of the past few weeks. NOT! Okay, okay, I'm just kidding. I need to move on. But let me just say this.... Today is a new day and I have a brand new observation about my boss. The great and powerful Oz. Our group is in the spotlight these days because of a new weekly product that we are responsible for producing. This week I assigned it to one of my staffers and she botched it up. She is not really cut out for this job. But I digress. At the end of last week, the analyst informed us that he was going to miss his deadline. My staffer informed him that we could not guarantee posting the report by our established deadline if he didn’t make his deadline. At the end of the day, my staffer sent a status report to say we only received part of the document. She mentioned the conversation about the deadline. Oz responded that we are in no position to give the analyst a hard time about deadlines…we still have to “prove” ourselves. Wtf??? If they don’t make their deadline, I guess we are expected to magically make up the time. My point is, the Great and Powerful Oz is really a scared, spineless little man, afraid to stand up for what is right or even what makes sense. Just like the movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

The WeatherPixie
« chicago blogs »
Blogs By Black Women